WhatsApp New Feature Announced: One Mobile Can Have Multiple WhatsApp Account
There is great news for WhatsApp users. Now you will be able to run multiple WhatsApp accounts on a single device. According to a latest report, WhatsApp has started rolling out a new feature for beta testers that will allow adding multiple accounts to the app.
New Multi-Account Feature
Currently, users who want to add a second account to their smartphone have to install a clone of WhatsApp – a feature available on only a few Android smartphones. Instead, the new multi-account feature added in the latest beta version features an account switcher. This means that you can now run multiple accounts on the same device and easily switch between them, all within the same app.
The feature is currently available to only a few beta testers. WhatsApp’s new feature tracker website, WABetaInfo, said in a report that WhatsApp has recently introduced a new beta version for testers with the multi-account feature. It is currently limited to a few beta testers who have updated the WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11 and may be rolled out to more users in the coming weeks.
How the Feature Works
When the feature is enabled, a small downward-facing arrow icon will appear next to the QR code in the WhatsApp Settings menu. A card will pop up showing the primary account and the Add Account button. You can tap this button to add a registered account on another device, and recent messages will be synced to your phone. The screenshot of the feature shared by WABetaInfo also shows the popup card, which also acts as an account switcher, will show the phone number registered with that WhatsApp account, allowing users to easily differentiate between accounts.
- WhatsApp previously launched a “Companion Mode” with the ability to set up an iPhone or Android smartphone as a secondary device, allowing users to use the same account on multiple devices.
- Some Android smartphones like Samsung allow you to “clone” WhatsApp, which allows you to add a second account to your smartphone.
If you have separate accounts for family and work, then this feature can prove to be very useful for you as it will make it easier for you to access personal chats and office chats.
- WhatsApp has introduced a new feature for beta testers that allows adding multiple accounts to the app.
- The feature is currently limited to a few beta testers and may be rolled out to more users in the coming weeks.
- Users can easily switch between accounts using the account switcher feature.
- The feature shows the phone number registered with each WhatsApp account, making it easy to differentiate between accounts.
- Previously, WhatsApp launched a “Companion Mode” and some Android smartphones allow cloning of WhatsApp for multiple accounts.
You are reading Mid-East Award Winning news outlet GulfHindi