UAE Government Introduces Four New Work Permits for Federal Employees
The UAE government has announced the introduction of four new types of work permits for federal employees. The new permits include on-site work, intensive work hours, hybrid work (a combination of home-based and on-site work), and remote work.
A Response to New Labor Law
The introduction of these new work permits comes after the UAE approved a new labor law last year. The decision was taken with the aim to enhance the productivity of employees and to lessen their workload.
Work Patterns Under the New Permits
- Full-time employment: Under this arrangement, an employee is required to work all official hours on all working days for a single federal organization.
- Part-time employment: In this case, an employee is required to work for a selected time or day for the federal institution.
- Temporary contract: Involves work during the official working hours of all working days, but on a temporary contract basis.
Who Can Avail the New Work Permits
The new work permits are applicable to student trainees, employment permit holders, and work permit holders. Additionally, Golden Visa holders are also eligible for these work permits.
- The UAE government has introduced four new types of work permits for federal employees, including on-site work, intensive work hours, hybrid work, and remote work.
- This follows the approval of a new labor law in the UAE last year with an aim to increase employee productivity and reduce workload.
- The new work permits cover full-time, part-time, and temporary employment contracts.
- The permits are available for student trainees, employment permit holders, work permit holders, and Golden Visa holders