A Move Towards Seamless Visa Processing The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Saudi Arabia is gearing up to transform the nation’s visa services. This follows the Council of Ministers’ approval in May 2022 to unify the national visa platform, marking a milestone in streamlining visa applications and processing.
Role of Human Resources and Social Development Ministry
The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development is set to assume an integral role in this restructuring, being designated to manage all work visa applications. Applications from both individuals and organizations will be channeled through this Ministry to the unified national visa platform.
Range of Services on the Unified Platform
The unified national platform aims to offer a broad spectrum of services. These include visitor services such as visa requests from Saudi representations abroad, entrance permissions for health service providers outside the Kingdom, and electronic Hajj and Umrah visa applications.
Catering to Citizens, Residents, and the Diplomatic Corps
The platform also focuses on services for citizens and residents, encompassing family and personal visit requests, and requests for return visa extensions. Diplomatic missions also stand to benefit, with a variety of services tailored to their unique needs.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Saudi Arabia is working on a major restructuring to create a unified national platform for visas.
- This follows the Council of Ministers’ approval in May 2022 to use the Ministry’s existing visa platform for this purpose.
- The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development is designated to manage all work visa applications, which will then be forwarded to the unified platform.
- A broad range of services will be offered through the unified platform, including various visitor services, services for citizens and residents, as well as services specifically designed for diplomatic missions.
- This initiative is aimed at simplifying and streamlining the visa application process in Saudi Arabia.