Starting June 1, 2023, the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) of UAE will begin charging fees for “private clarification” requests, according to an announcement made today.
Further Information and Clarification at a Fee
The FTA will levy fees for requests seeking additional information and clarification related to one tax or multiple taxes issued by the FTA. This will be provided in a document, duly stamped and signed by the FTA, addressing specific tax technical matters for a particular taxpayer. A “private clarification” is a request submitted by the taxpayer using a specific form on the FTA’s website, along with the relevant supporting documents.
Refunds on Fees for “Private Clarification”
In line with Cabinet Decision No. 7 of 2023, the FTA may refund the fees paid for a “private clarification” request if the clarification required is not issued. Taxpayers can avail of these services through the FTA’s website where they need to register, submit necessary documents, and pay the fees as specified in Cabinet Decision No. (65) of 2020 and its amendments.
Fees for Clarification Requests
Tax consultant Crowe has specified that the service fee for clarification requests concerning a single tax is Dh1,500, and for more than one tax, it is Dh2,250. The firm also suggests that taxpayers should submit their requests for “Private Clarification” before the effective date of June 1, 2023, considering the additional fees involved.
- From June 1, 2023, the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) of UAE will start charging companies for “private clarification” requests.
- The service will provide additional information and clarification on specific tax technical matters.
- Fees may be refunded if the required clarification is not issued.
- Taxpayers can access these services through the FTA’s website by registering, submitting documents, and paying the required fees.
- Service fees for clarification requests concerning a single tax is Dh1,500, and for more than one tax, it is Dh2,250