In a tragic event last week, an Indian expat woman in Dubai reportedly died due to an electrocution incident. Dubai Police have confirmed they are investigating the unfortunate incident.
Neethu Ganesh, a 35-year-old engineer and mother, lost her life to an electric shock while showering at home. The authorities have ruled out any foul play from the family but are examining any negligence concerning electrical safety in the building.
The accident occurred late on June 14. Neethu, who had a six-year-old son, was taking a shower after working from home. Due to a power outage in the area, she used an emergency lamp as the power had not yet been restored.
Tragically, at around 7.15pm, the housemaid felt an electric shock while doing the dishes, simultaneously hearing Neethu scream from the bathroom. Both the maid and Neethu’s husband, Vishak Gopi, rushed to the bathroom.
Finding no response from Neethu, Vishak broke open the door with his cricket bat to find Neethu motionless. She had fallen off the bathtub with the shower hose in her hand, the shower head attached to her chest.
Vishak removed the shower hose from Neethu’s body using his cricket bat, administered CPR, and called the ambulance. Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of paramedics and hospital doctors, Neethu did not survive.
Following the incident, forensic experts were sent to the family’s accommodation by Dubai Police. Key samples, including the water heater in the washroom, were collected for examination, and the washroom was sealed.
After confirming that it was an accident, the police gave clearance the next day for Neethu’s remains to be repatriated. Her body was flown to her hometown in the South Indian state of Kerala, where her last rites were performed.
Expressing faith in the investigation by local authorities, a devastated Vishak confirmed the incident to Gulf News from Kerala. The incident underscores the importance of ensuring proper electrical safety measures in residential buildings.
- An Indian expat woman, Neethu Ganesh, tragically died due to electrocution while taking a shower at her home in Dubai.
- The Dubai Police are investigating the incident, ruling out foul play and exploring potential negligence in terms of electrical safety.
- The incident happened during a power outage, with Neethu using an emergency lamp while taking a shower.
- Despite immediate attempts to revive her, Neethu did not survive.
- Following police confirmation that the incident was an accident, Neethu’s remains were flown back to her hometown in Kerala, India, for the last rites.