Overseas Renewal Service Introduced. The United Arab Emirates has launched a new service that allows individuals to renew their Emirates ID card and passport from outside the country. This significant development has been introduced by the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security.
Personal Application Requirement
The service comes with a crucial condition – applicants must personally apply for the renewal through the authority’s dedicated smart application, confirming their rightful ownership of the documents. Applications submitted through other channels or by someone other than the document owner will be rejected if the individual is found to be outside the UAE.
Step-by-Step Process for Renewal
The process of renewing ID cards from abroad has been explained in detail by Nasser Ahmed Al-Abdouli, the Director of Customer Happiness Management. This includes accessing the authority’s smart application, selecting the service, submitting the application, and paying the fees.
Emphasis on Photo Guidelines
Al-Abdouli has also emphasized the need to adhere to the authority’s guidelines while taking a photograph for the documents. The authority has outlined nine specific criteria that must be met to ensure the acceptance of personal photos.
Data Accuracy and Verification
The authority is advising customers to double-check the accuracy and validity of their ID numbers and expiration dates when applying for renewal. It is also recommended to verify the accuracy of phone numbers, email addresses, and preferred delivery methods indicated in the electronic form.
- The UAE has launched a service that allows individuals to renew their Emirates ID card and passport from outside the country.
- The applicant must personally apply for the renewal through the authority’s smart application.
- The process for renewal involves accessing the smart application, selecting the service, submitting the application, and paying the fees.
- The authority has issued guidelines for taking photographs for the documents, outlining nine specific criteria.
- The authority advises individuals to verify the accuracy of their data before submitting their applications.