Dubai Municipality receives over 100 emergency reports due to severe weather
DUBAI, 6th August, 2023 (WAM) -👉Dubai Municipality received more than 100 emergency reports yesterday due to severe weather across the emirate.
Some areas of Dubai were in a state of emergency, from rainwater logging to fallen trees on several main and internal roads.
Since the weather conditions, the municipality has taken preventive precautions and has put its emergency response teams on standby.
As soon as the rain stopped, emergency crews began responding to emergency calls across Dubai. It is part of Dubai Municipality’s strategies and processes for managing Dubai’s diverse weather conditions throughout the year, ensuring rapid and efficient rainwater drainage, and the removal of hazardous waste, which may threaten the general safety of residents.
According to Dubai Municipality, the command-and-control center in charge of administering and monitoring the emirate’s entire operations received 100 emergency reports as a result of the rainfall.
There were 69 reports of trees falling in neighborhoods or internal roads, and 16 reports of trees falling on Dubai’s main boulevards due to high wind speeds. In addition, the municipality received 18 requests for drainage of rainwater pools.
In addition, the municipality hired additional staff to deal with rainwater pools and blocked underground drains due to flooding, as well as monitoring garbage disposal procedures such as tree branches, grass, and sand on the streets.
Dubai Municipality has asked the public to call the primary emergency number 800900 if they have any reports of current weather conditions or emergencies that could endanger public safety.
- Dubai Municipality received over 100 emergency reports due to severe weather conditions.
- Areas of Dubai experienced rainwater logging and fallen trees on main and internal roads.
- The municipality had taken preventive measures and had emergency response teams on standby.
- Emergency crews promptly responded to calls once the rain stopped.
- The municipality received reports of fallen trees, drainage requests, and blocked underground drains.
- Additional staff were hired to handle rainwater pools and monitor garbage disposal procedures.
- The public is urged to report current weather conditions or emergencies to the primary emergency number.
You are reading Mid-East Award Winning news outlet GulfHindi