Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has introduced a new convenient public transport option for residents and visitors, keeping up with the city’s tradition of innovative public transport systems.
How the Service Works
- Named ‘Bus on Demand’, this service can be accessed through a smart app, allowing users to book a seat on a bus.
- Available in Al Barsha (1, 2, 3), Al Nahda, Dubai Silicon Oasis, and Academic City, users can book the service individually or as a group within the same zone.
- Similar to booking a cab, users specify their location and destination, and the app provides information about bus arrival times, boarding locations, and expected drop-off times.
- One unique aspect of this service is its affordability, with a passenger only needing to pay Dh5. Any additional passengers in the group are charged Dh4 each.
Steps to Book a ‘Bus on Demand’
- Download the ‘Dubai Bus on Demand’ smart app.
- Register for the service.
- Enter your payment details. You can use a credit card or a nol card.
- The app will specify the location of the bus, seat availability, arrival time, and the estimated travel time to your destination within the operating zone.
- Once you’ve checked the details of pick-up and drop-off, book the service.
- Payments can be made on the app via a credit card or through a nol card that should be tapped on the machines on board.
- Wait for the bus at the designated time, hop on, and enjoy your trip.
The RTA has clarified that passengers can only travel within the same zone from where the trip originated. For each trip within a certain zone, separate bookings are required. The service area of each zone is provided in the smart app.