A ‘light vehicle lane discipline’ fine is a penalty issued by Dubai Police to drivers who fail to abide by lane discipline. This type of fine costs Dh400 and is notified to the offender via an SMS, which includes a link to the specific violation details, such as the offense type, time, date, and a picture of the number plate.
Challenging the Fine
Should a driver disagree with the violation, they can contest the fine through the Traffic Department of Deira’s online portal. If the fine is not listed on the portal, drivers must visit the Deira Traffic Department or Al Barsha Traffic Department to file their objection. For updates on the application status, drivers can contact the Traffic Prosecution via email or phone, or in person.
Causes of Lane Discipline Violations
Dubai Police listed four main traffic violations that result in a ‘light vehicle lane discipline’ fine: not staying within the lane, crossing the stop line while approaching an exit or intersection and swerving into the exit lane, queue jumping and causing traffic obstruction, and unsafe lane changing.
Lane Discipline Enforcement
Enforcement of lane discipline is enabled through radar systems at exit lanes and live cameras at key roads and junctions, monitored in real time by traffic police. Police use recorded video footage to confirm violations, taking multiple photographs of the car number plate for evidence.
Paying Traffic Fines
If a driver is issued a traffic fine, payment can be made through the Dubai Police’s website or mobile app. Following the safety rules and maintaining lane discipline will ensure a smooth flow of traffic on Dubai roads.
- Dubai Police issue a Dh400 ‘light vehicle lane discipline’ fine for various traffic violations.
- Drivers can contest fines through the Traffic Department of Deira’s online portal.
- Violations include not maintaining lane, crossing stop lines at exits or intersections, queue jumping, and unsafe lane changes.
- Enforcement of lane discipline involves radar systems and live cameras monitored by traffic police.
- Traffic fines can be paid through the Dubai Police’s website or mobile app.