Delhi Metro and IRCTC Collaborate to Introduce ‘One India-One Ticket’ Initiative
Passengers traveling by train or air will soon be able to ‘reserve tickets’ in Delhi Metro for their onward journey. Officials said on Monday that IRCTC and DMRC have tied up to start the ‘One India-One Ticket’ initiative.
Agreement between DMRC-IRCTC
A senior DMRC official said that it is not yet decided when the project will be commissioned. The move is aimed at giving passengers a seamless and hassle-free experience across various modes of transport.
In a statement, DMRC said, “Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) have signed a strategic memorandum of understanding (MoU) to enhance the convenience of passengers.”
IRCTC said in its press release that this agreement will benefit the passengers of both DMRC and IRCTC. Passengers will get rid of standing in long queues and time will be saved. According to the statement, “The purpose of this unprecedented collaboration is to introduce QR code-based ticketing system for DMRC services through IRCTC portal under the ‘One India-One Ticket’ initiative.”
When will this facility start
Under this initiative, passengers who book tickets online through IRCTC platform for railways, flights or buses will now have the additional facility of booking tickets from DMRC. When this facility will be started, no period has been decided for it, but it is expected to be started soon by working in this direction. IRCTC and DMRC officials have said this in response to a question.
This announcement was made by IRCTC after the announcement of the results of the first quarter of the current financial year. On a year-on-year (YoY) basis, the profit stood at ₹232.22 crore, a decline of 5%. The company’s profit in the fourth quarter of the last financial year was Rs 279 crore.
- IRCTC and DMRC have collaborated to introduce the ‘One India-One Ticket’ initiative.
- Passengers can now reserve tickets for their onward journey in Delhi Metro.
- The initiative aims to provide a seamless and hassle-free experience across various modes of transport.
- The facility will be available to passengers who book tickets online through IRCTC platform for railways, flights, or buses.
- The QR code-based ticketing system will be introduced through the IRCTC portal.
- No specific timeline has been announced for the launch of this facility.
- IRCTC’s profit in the first quarter of the current financial year declined by 5% compared to the previous year.
You are reading Mid-East Award Winning news outlet GulfHindi