A VSR Ventures Learjet 45 aircraft, VT-DBL, on a flight from Visakhapatnam to Mumbai, veered off the runway while landing on runway 27 at Mumbai airport. This incident led to a temporary closure of the runway.
Multiple flights were diverted due to this incident:
- Two Vistara and one Akasa Airlines flight were diverted to Bangalore airport.
- An Air India flight from Dubai was diverted to Ahmedabad.
- A Vistara flight from Dehradun to Mumbai was diverted to Goa Airport.
- Five aircraft have landed at Surat airport, and two flights are still hovering in the airspace.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) Spokesperson clarified that it was not a crash landing but an aircraft veering off the runway.
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) reported that the aircraft had 6 passengers and 2 crew members on board. Fortunately, no casualties were reported. However, three individuals were injured and have been taken to the hospital.